||Used Boats for sale by owner since 1983. BoatsFSBO™ ||
1989 Hunter Legend 35.5
| "Nautical Wheeler" is a Coast Guard documented, Hunter Legend 35.5 sloop, built in Alachua, Florida. |
My wife and I have cruised her locally and over to the Mississippi Islands.
We have taken three long trips to the Keys and this winter we lived aboard her for five months around the islands of Sanibel, Captiva and Cayo Costa..
She is a very comfortable, seaworthy boat.
The previous owner told us the day we bought her, "She is a good boat.
She can handle more sea than you can." We were novice sailors then and soon found out how true this was.
We got worn out on the waves.
The boat was fine.
Sadly, we have recently realized that the Nautical Wheeler can also handle more years than we can.
We are in our seventies now, and for her to be sailed as happily as she has been, she needs new owners.
The boat has a comfortable master cabin in the stern with a queen size bed, a full forward "V" berth cabin and the salon area converts to a large sleeping area as well.
The head has a separate shower area, a manual marine toilet along and sink with new plumbing.
The galley has a CNG stove/oven, a large built-in ice chest and a double sink with new plumbing.
The "house" battery bank consists of four large batteries, and there is a separate starting battery.
The engine is a Yanmar 3GM30 diesel under the gangway with maintenance access panels on all sides.
The jib roller furling system and the cockpit traveler make it convenient for single-handed sailing.
Since we purchased the boat in 2005, we have replaced several of the systems, including:
• Raymarine Autopilot installed 2017
• New VHF radio installed in 2017
• New Bimini 2017
• Standing rigging climbed for inspection in 2017
• Bottom was last painted in 2016 and we have a diver clean it monthly.
• Flat-screen TV and DVD player installed in 2016
• New Dodger panels made in 2016
• Garmin Chart plotter installed in 2007
• New depth sounder in 2007
• Mainsail replaced in 2007 (Doyle Ploch Sails)
The Nautical Wheeler is a reliable vessel, in good condition.
While we only sailed her on the Gulf Coast (with numerous night crossings), the previous owners sailed her to the Chesapeake, the Bahamas and Central America.
If we were in as strong a shape as this boat is, she wouldn't be for sale.
The condition of the boat has been factored into the asking price.
The boat is for sale as is/where is.
We are looking to discussing reasonable offers with serious buyers.
Cash only, please.
• LOA 35.58'
• LWL 29.75
• Beam 11.75'
• Draft 5.3'
• Mast height 55'
• Displacement 13,000 pounds
• Wing Keel
• Main 314 ft2
• 100% jib 255 ft2
• Hood Seafurl jib roller-furler
• Barient self-tailing winches (two jib, two halyard)
• Dutchman sail-flaking system
• Yanmar 27 HP diesel engine (currently 3,033 hours)
• 22 gallon fuel tank
• 50 Amp alternator plus rebuilt spare
• 4 Interstate GC2XHDUTL golf cart (house) batteries
• 1 Interstate SRM27 battery for engine starts
• Xantrex Truecharge 2 Battery Charger (20-amp)
• Garmin GPS map 3010 chart plotter with depth-finder
• Danforth Constellation Compass in binnacle
• 6 gallon hot water heater
• Hillerange gimballed CNG two burner stove/oven
• Two steel CNG tanks - hydrostatic tested 9/25/2015
• ShurFlo 12v water pump for galley and head
• 64 gallon fresh water tank
• 36 gallon holding tank
• Rule 1300 gph bilge pump and float switch (plus spares)
• Primary anchor: 35# Delta with 100' of 3/8 G-4 chain and 100' of 5/8 rode
• Secondary anchor: 22# Danforth HT with 100' of 3/8 G-4 chain and 100' of 5/8 rode
• Acr Globalfix Pro 406-MHz GPS EPIRB
• 7 life preservers and a Lifesling Overboard Rescue System
• Current fire extinguishers, flares and emergency signaling devices
• New Harken Bosun's Chair
• Cruisair Turbo 12,000 BTU Air Conditioning unit