1980 Gulfstar 47
| Price is for 1/3 partnership, Complete refit 2006 - 2009, over $300,000 spent. |
Currently located near the Ft.
Pierce Inlet in Florida, Layla's home port will be where ever the partners decide.
Visit our web site at www.sailboatpartnership.org
GULFSTAR 47 SAILMASTER
Builder: Gulfstar - 1980
LOA - 47’5” LWL – 40’6” Beam – 13’10” Draft – 5’6”
Mast Height Above Water – 62’
Displacement – 38,000 lbs Ballast – 10,500 lbs (lead)
Engine – 1 Yanmar diesel, Model - 4LHA-HTP, new 2006, Hours - 350,
HP - 160, Cruising Speed – 8.5kts, Range – about 600 NM
Tankage – Fuel – 195 gal., Fresh Water – 350 gal., Holding – 50 gal.
Sail Plan – Cutter Rig – main, genoa & staysail – all roller furling
Forward in the Gulfstar 47 is the guest state room with a large V-berth with shelving port and starboard, hanging locker and chest of drawers.
There is storage under the berth also.
Just aft to starboard is the forward head which has a toilet, vanity with a sink and a separate shower stall.
Across is the galley.
Moving aft and up three steps brings you into the main salon with a L shaped seating area to port and a settee to starboard.
The nav station is on the starboard side aft.
To port is the passage to the owners stateroom aft.
The owners stateroom has a large centerline queen sized berth.
There is a chest of drawers to starboard and a double hanging locker to port.
The master head has an electric toilet, vanity w/sink and separate shower stall.
Hot and cold pressure water in both heads and galley.
Spars, rigging, sails & winches
This Gulfstar is cutter rigged and all sails are roller furling for easy handling and short handed sailing.
Sail inventory is mainsail and 150% genoa, staysail & storm tri-sail.
Genoa and Staysail are on Harkin roller furlers.
Main is on a new Schaefer In-Boom roller furling system - Gamma model.
• new mast and boom 2008
• 2 Andersen model 62 electric winches for the genoa sheets – new 2008
• 1 Anderson model 46 electric winch for main sheet, also used to furl main, genoa & staysail - 2008
• 3 Barient #8 manual winches
• All new standing rigging in 2008
• All new running rigging in 2008, (except for genoa and staysail Harkin furlers)
• Ideal Windlass, electric, factory rebuilt in 2008
Deck & hull
The Gulfstar 47 hull is molded fiberglass with a raked stem and rounded stern.
Both the hull and deck structures are balsa cored.
Floor timbers are fiberglass with fiberglass tabbing on the interior partitions and bulkheads, the stringers are also fiberglass.
The keel and rudder skeg are fiberglass.
Bimini with full enclosure and dodger have stainless framing.
The hull and cabin top were algriped in 2008.
All Thru-hulls and seacocks replaced 2008.
Interior & Galley
The overhead has a vinyl liner throughout (new 2008 in salon and galley), teak wood paneling throughout and a teak and holly cabin sole.
The elevated main salon offers excellent visibility and gives the boat a very open, light and airy feeling.
New 2008 curtains throughout.
Galley is U shaped w/ good counter space, and is open to the Salon above the counter.
• Force 10 3 burner propane stove w/ oven – new 2008
• Top loading refrigerator and separate freezer, new compressor 2009
• Complete complement of plates, cups, glasses, flatware, etc.
• Weems & Plath Ships Clock, Tide Clock and Barometer
• Jensen AM, FM, CD, DVD, MP3 stereo, 120W Amp, 8 speakers all new 2008
• Ice Maker
Mechanical & Engine
• Yanmar 160 hp diesel engine model 4LHA-HTP installed new in 2006 with 350 hours and oversized 135A alternator.
• Vetus 8” Bow Thruster - 2008
• A/C is CruiseAir , Two separate systems - fore and aft, two compressors, one 10,000 BTU the other is 6,000 BTU total 16,000 BTU.
These units also provide heat in reverse cycle.
Two group 31 AGM batteries (new 2005), 6 group 27 AGM (new 2005), generator starting battery, 2 6V windlass batteries (new 2008), 12V bow thruster battery w/ separate charger (new 2008) - all with Zap Stop safety switches
• 110V AC electrical system
• 12V DC electrical system
• Trace 2500 watt inverter w/ 50A automatic battery charger
• Battery monitor - new 2006
• Northern Lights 9 kW diesel generator - new 2009, less than 10 hours
• 135A alternator w/ 3 stage regulator - new 2006
• Raymarine E120 Chart Plotter, GPS, Auto Pilot - 2008
• Raymarine ST60 Wind Speed/Direction, Boat Speed, Depth – 2008
• Raymarine 4kW Radar integrated into E120 w/ chart overlay and MARPA Target Tracking - 2008
• Wilson cell antenna and signal booster - 2008
• Dell PC - 2008
• AT&T cellular modem - access internet offshore, get latest weather, news, email - new 2008
• SeaTalk LAN to connect PC to the E120 – 2008
• Icom VHF w/ remote mike at steering pedestal - new 2008
• Icom SSB
Anchors, Dinghy & Safety Gear
New bow sprit and pulpit allow both anchors to be winched (electric windlass) right into on-deck stowage.
• 66 # Bruce anchor w/ 200 feet of new chain
• 45 # CQR anchor w/ 180 feet of chain
• RU type 8.5" inflatable dinghy w/ 4hp Yamaha outboard
• EPERB type II, registered, new 2008
• Hand held VHF and Hand Held GPS - new 2007
• 2 MOB wrist bands integrated with E120 - new 2008
• Jack lines and safety harnesses
• 2 type 3 life jackets & 8 type 2 life jackets
• Flares, etc., etc.